Warning: Declaration of YA_Mega_Menu_Walker::walk($elements, $max_depth) should be compatible with Walker::walk($elements, $max_depth, ...$args) in /home/customer/www/abcfirelifesafety.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/kriss/lib/nav.php on line 754
admin – Page 5 – ABC Fire Life Safety
Categories

Author Archives: admin

BLOOMINGTON, Ill - A retired central Illinois firefighter has put out what he's probably hoping will be his last blaze -- at his own home. Marty Hoeniges found the fire in his basement Saturday and immediately used a fire extinguisher to put it out. He then called the Bloomington Fire Department, his former employer, for backup. Fire officials say clothes that were stacked too close to a water heater caused the fire. Firefighters carried smoldering materials out of the home. No...
0 Comments | Posted By
Myrtle Beach, SC - When Nick and Carl Palombi pulled up to the Hampton Inn and saw smoke and people flooding out of it, they didn’t even have to think about it. They ran into the hotel. Nearly 20 minutes and two full fire extinguishers later the son-and-father tandem, both Hamilton residents, were responsible for putting out a small electrical fire Sept. 27 at the hotel on U.S. 501 in Myrtle Beach, S.C., that had the potential to be worse had...
0 Comments | Posted By
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Fire officials credit a fast acting citizen with putting out a Virginia Beach hotel fire Tuesday night. The West Virginia man quickly put out the flames with a nearby fire extinguisher. According to a Virginia Beach Fire Department Battalion Chief, Richard Beverage and his family were walking along the boardwalk around 10:30 p.m., when Beverage spotted the fire in a first floor room at the Breakers Inn Resort. Beverage ran to the hotel lobby to grab an...
0 Comments | Posted By
Maryville, TN - A Blount County school bus caught fire today while returning 68 children to Eagleton Elementary School after a Friends Program field trip, and an unknown good Samaritan and a Blount County deputy are credited with possibly preventing a tragedy. One female child, who was seated in the back of the bus near the engine compartment, was treated for smoke inhalation and transported by Rural/Metro Ambulance Service to Blount Memorial Hospital. A counselor who accompanied the children on the...
0 Comments | Posted By
Small Fire at Pat's Pizza Bangor, ME - Pat's Pizza in Orono has re-opened for business after a small fire there on Tuesday. The call came in at around 11:30 Tuesdsay morning reporting smoke coming from a second floor window of the restaurant on Mill street. Orono, Old Town, and Veazie fire crews responded to the call. One of the tenants on the second floor of the building put out the fire with a fire extinguisher just prior to the firefighters...
0 Comments | Posted By
TOWN OF PINE RIVER, WI - An 8-year-old boy is credited with keeping a cool head and helping his family save their home from a fire. Andrew Podeweltz, a second-grader at Pine River Elementary School, was recognized Tuesday by firefighters and the school’s staff members and classmates. Andrew spent part of the day May 24 hanging out with his father, Shelby. The family grilled and then the father and son went to see “Terminator Salvation.” When they returned home, Andrew and...
0 Comments | Posted By
Gastonia, NC - Three fire departments responded to a fire on Moore Lane in Gastonia Saturday night, but it only took a fire extinguisher to put it out. The fire started in an upstairs bathroom, said New Hope Fire Department Assistant Chief Matt Young. The fire caused less than $500 worth of damage, he said. The homeowner was at home when the smoke alarm went off. She smelled smoke, called 911 and got out. It was the early detection of a...
0 Comments | Posted By
Auburn, CA - When a 25-year-old man heard a fire alarm ringing next door, he said he had his family in mind as he smashed a fire extinguisher case, grabbed the device and ran into the smoke-filled apartment. With flames shooting up from the stove, Christopher Glass quickly acted and put out the fire so he could switch off the burner. Glass said he thought about the potential damage when he first saw the fire and letting it burn “Just was...
0 Comments | Posted By
SHTEMO TOWNSHIP, MI - Smoke detectors were being credited this morning with saving the lives of a boyfriend and girlfriend who jumped from a second-floor window to escape a fire at their townhome just west of Kalamazoo, authorities said. Oshtemo Township firefighters, who were called to Copper Beech Townhomes on West KL Avenue at 2:22 a.m. Thursday, found the couple had made it out safely when they arrived on scene, Fire Chief Mark Barnes said. "They're alive today because that smoke...
0 Comments | Posted By
DUNEDIN, FL - Three dozen people were evacuated from a nursing home early Sunday after a laptop battery exploded and caused a fire. Dunedin Fire Division Chief William McElligott said the fire started about 8:30 a.m. at the Nurses Helping Hands nursing home on Curlew Road. McElligott said staff members were able to put out the fire, which was contained in a single room, with an extinguisher. Fire hazards from some laptop batteries have prompted product recalls in the past....
0 Comments | Posted By
WordPress Lightbox