Open flames, red-hot cooking surfaces, and a heavily grease-laden environment combine to make the modern commercial kitchen a potentially dangerous fire hazard. Restaurant kitchen fires spread quickly and have proven to be very difficult to extinguish, making them the leading cause of structural fire damage in the United States.
Protecting the modern commercial kitchen from the ever-present danger of cooking oil and grease fires is the reason we developed a restaurant fire suppression system: The Buckeye Kitchen Mister™ System. Utilizing state-of-the-art misting technology, the Kitchen Mister System has proven to be the most effective fixed-kitchen fire extinguishing system ever developed that extinguishes deadly kitchen fires before spreading.
The models BFR-5, BFR-10, BFR-15 and BFR-20 cylinders are designated by flow-point capacity instead of the amount of agent they hold. Recharge is available in 5 and 10 flow-point containers to reduce error.
The Kitchen Mister Shielded Cable
Interface is used to connect the Buckeye Shielded Cable to any standard 1/2 inch conduit connection device. The use of the Buckeye Shielded Cable instead of conduit and corner pulleys for connecting the gas valve, remote pull station, and fusible link line to the Systems Releasing Module reduces installation time by up to 50%.
All five Kitchen Mister model- number-stamped nozzles come equipped with a color identification band for easy identification of the nozzle even when installed in difficult locations: red, blue, green, white or yellow.
Listings And Approvals
• Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (Standard UL-300)
• Listed by Underwriters Laboratories of Canada, Inc.
• Approved by the New York City Fire Department COA #5550
• Complies with NFPA-96 and NFPA-17A Standards
Additional Key Features
- The Kitchen Mister System is approved for use with Buckeye Shielded Cable instead of traditional conduit and corner pulleys for all system inputs and outputs.
- Buckeye Shielded Cable is Listed for the gas valve, detection line, and pull station.
- The Kitchen Mister System eliminates the need for conduit in the plenum and requires only one anchor bracket in the exhaust hood.
- Simple and innovative design eliminates design and installation errors.
- By eliminating the labor-intensive task of installing conduit, corner pulleys, and detector brackets, the Kitchen Mister System dramatically reduces installation time.
- Flexible piping requirements allow for unlimited system configurations.
- These systems offer both online and face-to-face training.